Monday, August 13, 2012

Review: Dark Frost (Mythos Academy #3)

Author: Jennifer Estep


Genre: Romance, Mythology, Fantasy, YA


Pages: 336


Date of Release: May 29, 2012


Publisher: Kensington


Rating: 9/10


Summary: I’ve seen so many freaky things since I started attending Mythos Academy last fall. I know I’m supposed to be a fearless warrior, but most of the time, I feel like I’m just waiting for the next Bad, Bad Thing to happen. Like someone trying to kill me—again.

Everyone at Mythos Academy knows me as Gwen Frost, the Gypsy girl who uses her psychometry magic to find lost objects—and who just may be dating Logan Quinn, the hottest guy in school. But I’m also the girl the Reapers of Chaos want dead in the worst way. The Reapers are the baddest of the bad, the people who murdered my mom. So why do they have it in for me?

It turns out my mom hid a powerful artifact called the Helheim Dagger before she died. Now, the Reapers will do anything to get it back. They think I know where the dagger is hidden, but this is one thing I can’t use my magic to find. All I do know is that the Reapers are coming for me—and I’m in for the fight of my life
. -Goodreads


Review: I. Cannot. Wait. Until. The. Next. Book. That's all I have too say... just kidding:) But the first part I am dead serious!! I thought this book kept  me on my toes the whole time. Except when Gwen started being like, "I need to know everything about you." *Gwen's creepy face*

This series has come such a long way (actually pretty short, considering this is only the third book) and it has improved by sooooooooo much. Compared to the first book, I just enjoyed this one much more. I still wish Logan could be a little more 3D as a person. Like with feelings and stuff. I enjoyed reading about Logan telling Gwen to take her big nose and take it out of his business. I cheering him on! Gwen had to realize by then how nosy she is. Sometimes you can't really blame her... wait, yes you can! She has these awesome powers to look through a person's past and stuff. She can use it to help the elders at the school, she does but then she just wants to go through her friend's minds and grab every little detail too? So wrong.

Gwen also was being a jerk to Daphne. I mean stop worrying about yourself and take a look around... your BFF is suffering.

Okay, done my Gwen rant:)

Anyways, I enjoyed this book. Putting Gwen aside the villains were awesome! I know I shouldn't be cheering them on, but they really fooled Gwen. I mean Gwen's opposite does so many things to change Gwen's direction of thinking. I just thought she was awesome. There are some small plots but they intertwine with the main plot beautifully. It didn't seem confusing at all. If I tried to do that I would probably have people screaming in confusion:) I, myself scream in confusion sometimes.

The beginning set the book off perfectly and you cold already tell what the main purpose of the book would be. To be honest, some parts were predictable. Like I knew who Loki's Champion was, even though Gwen hadn't figured it out.

I will say this again, but the ending was my favourite part. A bit sad for Gwen, but wonderful. It was interesting how she used her powers to take the other guy's life. But then she realizes what happened and freaks out. And it's just adorable how she cares that she might take Logan's life away by touching him. I thought that was the end of their relationship, but they overcame it... together.

I have ran out of things to say about this book. It was just really good. A wonderful journey this series takes you on to see how Gwen saves the world, before everything goes crashing down.

As most people know, there is a fourth book coming out - Crimson Frost - on December 24th, 2012. Right on time for Christmas! And a fifth book is coming out in August 2013. Can't wait to get my hands on those books!!! 

Read my review on, Touch of Frost: Jennifer Estep
Read my review on, Kiss of Frost: Jennifer Estep



Logan gave me a crooked grin. "You won't hurt me. I know you won't."
"How can you be so sure?" I whispered.

His grin widened. "Because you're that Gypsy girl, and I'm the bad-boy Spartan. And I think it's time we were finally together, don't you?"
  
                                              -Dark Frost

*Me, drooling at this quote*



No comments:

Post a Comment